If you are in a situation where you have to choose a gift you have probably found yourself wondering how to give a great gift to someone? With so many offers all around us it becomes harder and harder to make this decision. The great number of things that you can buy can mislead you to believe that buying any product will suffice and that the receiver will be glad to have gotten anything. But that could not be more further from reality. Every single person has favourite colours, fragrances, and things which he/she likes or dislikes. And only a small number of them are the same with our preferences.
So, you have this particular person that you want to choose a gift for. Check out this mini gift guide that will help you in the process of choosing the perfect gift:
- First of all you have to decide how much money are you willing to spend. This will greatly reduce the number of choices and make the choosing process a lot easier. It may even be that you don’t want to buy a gift but rather give something homemade. Your research will get a whole new direction then. So, first make a decision about the money amount. And this amount should be something that you can spend easily and not exhaust your limitations or even worse get you in debts.
- Next it is a really good idea to do a little meditation or spend some time in remembering what does the person you want to make a gift for LOVE or like. Try to remember the colours he/she wears, the food he/she likes, theme subject from conversations, the person’s habits, hobbies or profession. All these things can be great guides for you and give you a better picture of the person you are gifting.
- Be careful to choose with love and transfer the right energy. You need to be convinced yourself that you have made the perfect choice and this will be definitely felt when giving away the gift.
- You need to know that gifts with great value can also cause negative effect. A more expensive gift creates a sort of an obligation for the receiver and it may be that the receiver is not ready for such a commitment at the time. Be aware of such subtle things in the relationship between you and the receiver.
- Some occasions even demand a more valuable gift like weddings, a baby birth or other major celebrations so valuable gifts should be considered more appropriate in such situations.
- Finally, the gift wrapping also can say a lot to the receiver. Make an effort to choose a nice and meaningful wrap for the gift. It is like the final touch that does make a difference.
Gifts show our feelings and attitude towards the receiver.
Very often they are related to emotional moments, most often they are given to really close members of our life, like friends, family or a love partner. So just open your heart when choosing them. Your heart will definitely show you the right way! Give your gifts sincerely and believe me they will be worth the effort you have put into the them.
After reading these simple guides you probably have some ideas by now how to give a great gift to someone. At the end I am leaving you with this wise thought:
A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer.
I especially love the Christmas season just because of the gifts that fly all around us. Give, receive, it all becomes a wonderful mash up. And the best of it – people get all emotional and the air is electrified with love. Wish it was Christmas every month!
I have a special collection of great Christmas gifts, right up in the Holidays menu. I love the double feeling of joy and it is one of my favorite subjects to research.
Hope you enjoy your gift choosing 🙂