And another year gone by…I am really not sure how to feel about it, can’t decide if I am happy or sad because of this. I guess both at the same time. But I think it is really a good idea for everyone to sit down and think about his/her own life, do some sort of resume of the year gone by and make some general plans for the year to come. It really helps to put things in perspective and get a feel of the direction your life is going and check if you are still on the right track.
What have I been doing this past year?
- Well for starters, I have aged one more year and ladies know that after a certain number of years this is not very pleasant any more, but I hope that I have gained some wisdom too.
- I have a 9-5 daily job. I don’t want to go into much details about it but suffice to say that it provides means for me and my close family to survive. This was a major personal view change for me this year. All I can say is that I quit my job and after a month I got back. It was a huge realization for me that I can’t actually survive without this job. At least not survive well for some part or maybe even the whole 2015. It feels very good to fantasize and become unrealistic when you have a regular monthly paycheck to hold your back. So a lesson here taken, and for all of you who are reading this I want to give you an advice coming from personal experience: if you don’t have another job already secured or a survivable income already flowing from some private business don’t make the same mistake that I have done and quit your job while it being your only sustainable source of existence. So a mistake done for me but luckily fixed – and not very easily fixed I must say.
- I have made some progress in my online journey but it is going very slow and I really need to come up with a plan how to do more on a daily basis.
- Finally bought a camera – this was my wish from a long time ago. But as things are I haven’t done much with it. I really lack time and I wish the day lasted 48 hours. The previous weekend I had an appointment for going out and photographing around town with a friend of mine but again, I had some repairing to do in my apartment so I canceled it. But I can’t wait for us to do it this weekend – she is an artist and I am hoping to pick up some tips and tricks from her.
- Read a ton of stuff. But that is exactly my problem – too much reading and little putting into action. This is also something I would like to change in 2015. More action less reading :).
- This is my favorite: saved 2 stray kittens, fed a few dogs for a certain amount of time but for the dogs it was not so lucky, they disappeared after a while. I still feel very sad about it. I hope they are able to survive. But the kittens were a success! One was all white with blue eyes, such an angel. Found a good home for it and here is a picture:
- Spending time with my niece, she will be soon 3 years old. She is so funny and we laugh a lot. I am wondering what to buy her as a pretend Santa Claus gift and then we also have preparations for her birthday on 5th January. Happy times!
My plans for 2015
- First of all there are so many things I find interesting and that I would like to learn. But since I really don’t have much time this needs to be carefully picked and I really need to stick to my plan. So here are some of the topics in the narrowest circle:
- Read more about web development with Java
- Get at least to a medium level of photography knowledge
- This is my love but I don’t think I can make enough time for this one: learn more graphic design with GIMP (or photoshop). This is really just a wish but I like to keep it on my list.
- Write more! Writing is also an old love but I am doing it in a way…
- Find the time for more activities with my niece – she is bigger now so I guess she needs more attention. But this is a pleasant task anyway :).
- Go every weekend on the nearest mountain, at least on Sunday, although I would prefer doing it even on Saturday. When I am practiced I can do this in 4 hours, so getting up at 8 and doing it leaves me the whole weekend day still open for other possibilities. And there is no match for feeling that you have taken care of your body and feeling fit.
- Hmmmmmm diets? Not very sure I can do this but I really need to lower down at least the chocolates and chips and coke. Even this would take me far. So, nothing sweet after work, just healthy snacks like apples, bananas or pumpkin seeds. I can do such version of dieting. But never staying hungry!
So that would be the major plan for 2015 and it really needs to be broken into daily, doable steps. A whole year should be enough to accomplish most of it if I stick to the plan.
So I can’t wait for the celebrations to finally start! What about you? I would love to hear what are your plans, have you thought about doing something new or improving yourself? I would appreciate if you share it below in the comment section!
Happy holidays to everybody and I am wishing you a Happy New Year 2015!