This post may have affiliate links, please check the full disclosure on this post.
If your apartment is small you may have had some moments of doubt if life can really be normal in such space. For example what happens if you want to have a party and invite over more than two or three friends? You barely dare to invite even as much as 2-3 friends, all in fear that they would not be comfortable, the place would get a claustrophobic atmosphere and that in the end it will spoil the party. But, even if your living space is small, that should not be the reason for you to become asocial – a great party can be thrown even in a small apartment and last till the early morning light.
Here are some tips how to handle the situation of preparing a party for many people in a small space:
- It would be best to forget serving foods and beverages on a great, big table (you probably don’t have a great, big table so this one is solved). Food can be served in small so called cocktail servings, drinks can be placed on multiple set tables so guests can reach out and serve themselves. It would be good if the servings are modest – which does not mean poor – just in smaller portions.
- Shoes and coats can create a big mess in the hallway, so in case you have a spare room or even a terrace it is very good idea to put them there. The hallway will be probably a frequent place of people entering and exiting so this way the space will stay free and the feeling of being in a small apartment will be reduced.
- As ladies tend to use the bathroom more often, even for a quick checkout or make-up refreshment it is best to place an additional mirror in the hallway. This would reduce the tensity of having too crowded bathroom and having people who really need it to wait in order for it.
- If you still miss space to serve food and drinks, you can always remove the tv in the closet (assuming it fits there) and use the tv table for that purpose. If even then you still miss serving area you can use chairs. Look around your home to check what else can be used.
- Final notice: don’t limit the guest number. Invite everyone you really want, if in reasonable number of course. If the crowd is ok and you are having really great time even a little crumple won’t get in the way. And remember, not everyone will come and leave in the same time.