This post probably contains affiliate links, please check the disclosure.
Do you live in a small apartment? People sometimes look at you in wonder how can you actually be living in such small space? Are you sometimes reluctant to tell the real size of home? You have no reason for all of that as there are many advantages of small living spaces.
- First of all there is the money issue. It is always smart to live according your real abilities and stay with both feet on the ground. Many people have done huge mistakes by choosing luxurious life which exceeds their possibilities and have paid dearly for it. A small loan will be great for start, and later on in life maybe an opportunity will rise for expanding. Even if that is all you can afford then think of all the savings that can be made just by smaller cost of life in small living space. You can allow yourself a relaxed way of life instead of loosing your head about where to find the money for the next rate. In case you have to change job you can still manage the monthly rate as it will be smaller and affordable. You can allow to buy smaller things which sometimes can bring a lot of enjoyment, go to small trips, go out on dinner occasionally, all this by saving money living in small apartment. And you can sleep more soundly at night.
- Smaller spaces tend to draw closer people more quickly. They can create more intimate atmosphere as people are constantly near each other, so this can really speed up some life decisions. Small spaces are perfect for getting together people as they are cosy, friendly and people can relax and have a great time more quickly after getting in. When living with a partner you can develop higher level of tolerance which is always a positive characteristic.
- There is also the point of really having your very own place to live in. You will get one easier if it is small, so you can proudly claim that you have your own home. Even if small it can really warm your heart and just because it is small you may even love it more exactly because of it! You can decorate it according to your own will, don’t have to ask for anyone’s permission to do things in it. It is your little piece of freedom and independence.
- One big plus for small living spaces is that you must learn how to organize things better, which can then be reflected to other parts of your life. It enforces you to focus only on things that are really necessary, at first about parts of your living stuff, then it may become a habit, a positive one. You don’t need to clutter things in any aspect of your life. So, it develops your organizational skills, makes you think creative about storing stuff, you may find yourself discovering new ways of placing things around the home. The satisfaction after successful small space organization is enormous.
- Cleaning is extra easy! With just little effort you will always have clean home and you can invite people over at any time. Imagine doing complete clean up in the time other people clean one room only or maybe their terrace. It saves you time and you still feel you have done your job at home and then you are free to do some other activities.
- Small spaces allow quick air flow, they are easy to warm up or cool down which is also a very nice feature.
- They prevent you from buying too much as you simply have no place for extra unnecessary stuff (girls you can really benefit from this!)
So, at the end it must be said that little homes can bring great deal of joy and happiness into one’s life in spite of their small size. And you know how the saying goes:
Good Things Come In Small Packages